Back for your enjoyment: Dog of the day

Do you any of you long time readers remember when I had my "Boxer of the Day" feature? I used to work above a pet store, and I walked by that pet store every day on the way to Starbucks. Let's be real, I walked to Starbucks more than once a day. And I had to walk past that pet store to get there and back - so I saw the pups sometimes 4 or 6 times a day. One day, the inevitable happened, I fell in love. I called her Hepburn, even though I never got to take her home. She was a little fawn colored Boxer with a black mask. Since I couldn't have her, I did what any other person dealing with unrequited love would do - I became just a wee bit obsessed. I put up a picture of a new Boxer every day on my blog. I still don't have a Boxer. I had another baby instead and I'm still not in a "let's go get a puppy" time of life. But that's good, because I've moved on from Boxer's had have a new dog... love. Let's not use the word obsession, shall we? And since this ties in to the new book I've almost finished, I'm sharing my obsession love with all of you! This is Auggie. He's available for adoption in Seattle. If you adopt him, tell me - I want to pet him! He's a blue brindle with super soft fur and smile lines.

He's also a pit bull. More on that later... I promise!

5 comments:

Ruth Schiffmann said...

I usually like the big, soft, cuddly dogs: golden retreivers, german shepherds. But I had a friend with a boxer named Bella that I absolutely adored. She was a gem. I'm not really a pit bull kinda girl, although a friend just got one as a pup and I have to admit, she's a cutie.

October 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Mirka Breen said...

Hot diggity--- this is one handsome guy.

October 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Robin Lemke said...

Mirka - so glad you think so!
inluvwithwords - I loooove Boxers! My aunt had 3 and one had really a lot of health problems and died very young. I'm now all about the mix. Maybe a pit-boxer mix. ;) I grew up with German Shepherds and really adore them. I had a white one and a black and tan that was so fuzzy he looked like he got a paw stuck in a light socket. But, I live in Seattle, and a fuzzy dog in the rain and mud is a nightmare. So I started looking at short haired breeds...

October 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Jennie Bailey said...

I like big, soft, cuddly dogs too - which is why I always end up with a pit bull! That is one handsome boy. I bet he's great at the snuggles after a day of fun. Another reason that I love the breed(s) (because I include AmStaffs as well as APBTs) - no shedding! Which is good for someone like me who is allergic to dogs but can't live my life without one. And they have instadry coats too. We can hike Lily through rivers and then all the dirt and mud and by the time we get to the car, it's completely off her coat. My besties labs aren't that way. We have to have throws on the car seats when we hike with them. And they shed an unbelievable amount!

October 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Robin Lemke said...

Jennie - is Lily the dog in your avatar? She's beautiful!! I had no idea about the instadry - that's fabulous! Our German Shepherd was like a giant sponge. It took forever for him to dry. I have heard they don't have that "wet dog" smell - gotta have something to do with the instadry. ;)

October 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Post a Comment