Funny things




1. It's been snowing all day here in Seattle. There's probably 5 inches outside right now. That's serious snow here. And of course, we all know it's APRIL!




2. My daughter just told me (yes, because she's still up reading...) that when she gets her multiple doctorates, she'll insist that everyone still call her by her first name. Please, no Dr. so and so. She's seven. I was just checking in to make sure she still enjoys first grade. I guess that's a yes.




3. I'm reading The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks and it's hilarious. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting anything good to read right now. E Lockhart has a unique and charming voice. Really incredible.




4. When I read on E's website that her first name was the most common name given to baby girls in 2003 I instantly knew what name that was. I think that's a special brand of geek. ;)




OK, off to watch the snow and spend some more time with Frankie...

5 comments:

Kimber Li said...

Snow here too, so you have my sympathy!

While your daughter is tacking her doctorate diplomas to the wall, mine's going to be flying fighters off an aircraft carrier somewhere. See what happens when we empower our daughters to be anything they want?

April 20, 2008 at 4:38 AM
Melissa Amateis said...

Snow??? Oh dear. I'm so sorry. We have been in the upper 70's here. Just gorgeous.

April 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM
Blaze said...

I KNOW! What the heck? Why all the snow?! I hope it didn't kill any of your Mom's flowers! :)

April 21, 2008 at 10:51 PM
LoveRundle said...

That picture is absolutely beautiful. I live in Los Angeles so there isn't snow here, but when I lived in Flagstaff it was just perfect weather for writing.

Your daughter is so cute! I read that and immediately found myself laughing when I realized she was only seven.

April 23, 2008 at 12:09 AM
Kathleen said...

I was just reading a recommendation of that book somewhere else! maybe I will have to find it. :)

April 24, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Post a Comment