Steampunk

I've been curious about steampunk for a while, since Kimber An has mentioned it a few times with fun graphics - then Agent Kristen talked about it tonight and I thought I should finally figure out what the heck it is.

Sadly, my first thought was to post "What the heck is Steampunk, people?!" But my second thought was google, and now I know. For those of you who don't - it appears to be stories set in an era where steam was the main source of power (think Victorian England) with cool technology layered on top. I love that stuff and I didn't even know it had a name! If you need a visual, I found this one and I love it. If I had more time and my own computer I might even mod it myself.


In case you'd like to, I found a how to. I kid you not!!!

And that is my contribution for the day. I'm off to get my ipod loaded up with Christmas music, write the next chapter of my WIP, and hopefully see a little bit of The Biggest Loser. It's high drama this year, folks! Will Heba prevail? Will Amy P silently steal the title? Will Vicki continue in her Lady MacBeth ways?!

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I've visited that website before and saw how he made-over his computers to fit the steampunk model. Absolutely incredible!

November 12, 2008 at 7:30 AM
Tia Nevitt said...

That steampunk laptop is the best.

I can't say that my novel, Starcaster, is steampunk, but it's close. There are all kinds of devices in it, but they are all based on real technology, circa 1810.

November 13, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Post a Comment