Sometimes it's just too much information


Fact: If you watch Dr. G: Medical Examiner, you will at some point come across a case where someone thinks they have a spider bite, when in reality it's Merca - a deadly staph infection that is also a flesh eating virus - and it goes into their bloodstream and kills them while they sleep.

Fact: You will at some point in your life, most probably right after watching this show, get some sort of insect bite.

You see where this is going, right? Let's just say fearing for my life sounds perfectly reasonable right now. But am I going to stop watching? No, much like the "Law and Order Years" when I had to make sure the doors were locked 15 times before bed, I feel like if I stop watching it's like telling the evil virus "Fine, you win!" And of course, I can't do that...

3 comments:

Lily Cate said...

Oh Dr. G!
Fascinating show, and that woman is bloody brilliant.
However, I always found it hard to listen to her talk for the whole hour. Her voice has that certain pitch, like Heidi Klum's. After a while, it's like fingernails on a blackboard.

October 25, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Leona said...

It's true. Happened to my husband in Texas... Use Neosporin on it. You could buy Staph infection cream in TEXAS but I've heard it's prescription only in Washington when I asked the pharmacist about it. But if you're really worried, maybe someone will send you some :P

Seriously honey, you WILL KNOW when it goes beyond a spider bite.

PS FYI any opening can turn into a staph infection... BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH

October 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Jennie Bailey said...

I'm such a hypochondriac and germaphobe that I can't watch medical shows at all. Also, can't watch any kind of Forensic Files type show (Unsolved Mysteries included) when home alone. I freak myself out waaaaay too much.

I do have a sketchy looking spot on my tummy that could be staph...or a black widow bite... ;-)

October 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Post a Comment