Why I love Noah Lukeman

It's not just because of the The First Five Pages, although that's a really helpful book and I recommend it to you all. And not just because he's written a book on one of my first loves, punctuation. No, there's more! I just heard him interviewed by Barbara de Marco Barrett on her show and podcast, Writers on Writing (link to interview here - scroll down to June 26). I've heard many, many agents and authors speak at this point and I'm not sure I've heard anyone as articulate, well thought out, and genuinely helpful. It's well worth a listen!

And, if that weren't enough, he's written a 100 page e-book that you can download for free as a PDF on how to write a query letter. Link here. It breaks it down into such a clear structure, that even though this is my worst, WORST bit of the writing process, even I feel like I can do it now.

I will caution you, that if any of you were part of the Devotion of Snarklings, you'll note a few places where his advice differs from the Great Miss Snark. In all cases, I of course defer to the Snark Files. I fear her stillettoed wrath even now... ;)

2 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

Cool! Just in time for me to start writing queries again!

July 27, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Melissa Amateis said...

I have Lukeman's first book, The First Five Pages. Great advice!

July 28, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Post a Comment