And on it goes...

Thank you all for the encouragement in this home stretch of the pregnancy. Yes, these next few weeks are going to c-r-a-w-l by. Each day is its own little eternity. But things are getting more fun in query land, so that's distracting me from counting new stretch marks. ;)

I'm editing away, polishing up my manuscript till I can see my reflection in it. And you know what, it's painful. It's like that scene in Harry Potter where Dumbledore pulls the memories out of Harry's head - I feel like I'm pulling the words out one by one. But it's also really satisfying because I see it getting so much better! I just hope the agents agree with me!

We've had a little more snow here in Seattle - this has been a really weird weather week. First we had the dumping of snow last weekend, then the flooding, and now more snow. The kids are loving it!! We've got a lovely little flocked tree up now, too, so the winter wonderland has moved inside.

OK, enough procrastinating, back to shining things up...

5 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I've had days like that - pulling out the words like I was pulling out tree roots!

December 10, 2007 at 7:57 AM
Blaze said...

Hi Robin! I hope you're feeling well in your last stretch of pregnancy! :) I can't wait to hear who the baby looks like!! Will he be red-headed?!?

December 10, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Tia Nevitt said...

Nice visuals! So nice to hear about someone having fun with queries!

December 10, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Kimber Li said...

Hang in there, Girlfriend!

December 10, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Kathleen said...

hope you are doing well!

December 14, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Post a Comment