Sad little word count.

Wow, a whopping 223 words tonight. This blog post will probably be longer. But I finished the scene and my head is too fried to start another. It's this heat. My two year old tried to sleep with us twice last night and my baby mystery man three times... did I mention we temporarily have a full bed. That's a lot of people in a full bed! Even if one of them is tiny. Plus no one can touch my wrist. Plus it's hot. Really hot. So I slept for about 2 hours last night. I'm serious. And after a 15 minute nap today my husband, who is travelling, said, "Doesn't it feel good to get some sleep?"

I wouldn't know. He has AC tonight. I'm just saying. He's lucky he was out of striking range.

So, my goal is 1000 words a day and to make up what I miss. That means about 1800 words tomorrow. Let's hope everyone sleeps tonight!!

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Wait a minute. You don't have AC in your house???

AIIIIIEEEEEEEE.

That's the sound of me screaming. I would go stark, raving mad without AC.

July 2, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Robin Lemke said...

Nope, no AC. It's pretty rare to find AC in Seattle. We really only need it a handful of days out of the year, but on those days you really notice!

July 4, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Kathleen said...

same here, Rob. Never need the a/c, and I'm glad. but that heat wave we had last month.....

never have I seriously considered sleeping on the floor of my kitchen before.

July 7, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Post a Comment