The flu, zombies, and clockwork horses

I just came out of a twelve day fog of stomach flu/bronchitis fun. Here's a bit of inside information - if you stay sick long enough, you can be ill while one kid throws up, gets better, then starts throwing up all over again - not to mention the other two. But, I've finally risen from my stupor on the sofa and am back in the land of the living.

Which reminds me, I just finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. When I mentioned something about my zombie apocalypse book to my husband he looked so happy. He loves a good zombie. This book got a lot of buzz and is a great story - more somber than kick a$$, in the world of dystopia, and kinda creepy. But as Boop said today, "Being scared is part of life." (after Mystery Man got his hand caught in the refrigerator door.) Full of sympathy, that one.

Gonna try to get to the halfway point in my outline tonight. I'm anxious to get back to writing -so for now, I'll leave you with this taste of the chapter I'm working on:






(oh yes, that's a steampunk horse)

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

glad you're feeling better!

FoHaT is one of the great books I read this year! I was putting together a list for you! Definitely a different take on the zombie story.

March 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Post a Comment