Eleven Minutes



It only took me eleven minutes to write my 500 words today. I know, because I tweeted when I started and stopped and was shocked to see there were only 11 minutes between tweets.

So, of course, I'm tempted to multiply that out and see how many words I *could* be writing, and that's just silly. Like when you're super productive at work, then have to go to grab coffee with your cubemate to relieve the tension that was inevitably produced by working so diligently. One enables the other, people. Also, I knew what I wanted to write, so I was really just typing - and one can't always know what one wants to write for every word of a novel length project.

Still, the eleven minutes is oddly encouraging. I might try to get another 500 words out before I have to slay zombies and make the world safe.

Also, I'm now getting up early again, because the Red Head is back in school, so will probably have to get to bed before 12. This will cut into all sorts of my favorite activities, but there's no way around it. I'm thinking homeschooling solely so I can stay up late is probably not a good reason.

Now, I'm going to go watch Ryan audition on So You Think You Can Dance. Have I mentioned that I like him around here? I can't remember... now, stop reading blogs and go watch some tap dancing!!

1 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

Don't you love it when inspiration strikes like that? Sometimes when I'm at work, I dash out a page or two in my notebook, because I must get those words down while they're still dancing in my head.

Or sometimes, a scene far down the road won't leave me alone until I write it down. I love that, too.

September 10, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Post a Comment