Happy Birthday, Red!!


Today my Red Head turns ten!

This is one of those days I'm sorely tempted to break the "I don't post pictures of my kids on my blog" rules, but then I'd need to repent of something or other because I'd be doing it so you could all oo and ah over what a beauty she is and I'm sure that's a slippery slope to gluing false eyelashes on her (not that she needs them, truly) and buying her sequins and being on a reality show about what a horrible stage mom I am. So I'll just say that I've been incredibly blessed with all of my children in many, many ways. One of them being the copper-gold hair I get to look at every day on my little Red. ;) And I've already bragged about her poetry...

I'm having a bit of trouble with the hi hat cupcakes - largely owing to not being able to find a hand mixer. I might go with the Barefoot Contessa's chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing for today. That wouldn't be such a horrible switch, would it?


**She loves steampunk, too, hence the steampunk birthday cake that can be found here. Please note that I did not bake her a steampunk cake... but the red velvet is bound to be delicious!

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Happy Birthday to Red!

December 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Cinette said...

Happy Birthday, Red! And as for chocolate and peanut butter? How can that EVER go wrong?

December 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Lola Sharp said...

Aww, Happy 10th Birthday to Red! ☆∴*★∵∶。◦°✰*¨*•.¸¸♪♫•*¨*•.♬
I don't really have any gears or sprockets to add to that...well, this sun sorta looks like one, yes? ☼

LOVE that dreamy steampunked cake. *swoon*
I'm sure whatever kind of cupcakes you come up will be deelish and she'll love them...BUT, not as much as she'd love that brilliant cake in the image.;)

~Lola

December 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Post a Comment