Steampunk art



Some pictures make me want to just jump inside. This is one of those pictures. Marisa Erven is a concept artist that makes art for games and cinema, and I've had the pleasure of chatting with her about what goes into her art. I'm always amazed at how similar the creative process is, no matter what the medium. We discussed giving and receiving critiques with almost exactly the same language- including words like "character" and "story".

I hope you enjoy looking through her site as I have!

3 comments:

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Wow, what an awesome picture!!! Really inspiring!

December 8, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Amykated said...

Ah, it makes me wish I was talented in that kind of way! So beautiful.

December 9, 2010 at 6:43 AM
Robin Lemke said...

Thank you, both! (And welcome to the blog!)
I'm in awe of anyone who can create anything visual. I'm so woefully horrible at it - and I've taken classes - it just isn't ever going to happen. ;)

December 9, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Post a Comment