Boyfriends Part II: The Golden Boy


I'm at Old Navy with my little imp and just ahead of us in line is a little boy - probably four or five. This is prime time for her. Typically, she would be all over introducing herself and facillitating a long conversation and playtime.

Instead, she observed, and declined.

Then, while we are actually checking out and his parents were on their way out of the store, they had to bring him back so he could say hello to my little siren. She stood behind my legs and hid. My little girl doesn't hide, but they didn't know that, so I just asked her to say hello. And she did. Then goodbye, and she did.

When we got to the car, I said: That little boy liked you. He came all the way back to say hello!

Her: I did not like that little boy, he was fweaky!
Me: What?! Why was he freaky?
Her: He just stood there staring at me, saying hello (shudder).
Me: Well, was he just not your type of boy?
Her: No! I like boys like Ava likes (her best friend) and I like boys that June likes (June is on the Little Einsteins), and I like boys made of gold. And one day, when I find a boy made of gold, I will make that golden boy my boyfriend.

Sounds like a good plan to me!

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Hmm...I think I want a man made out of gold!

October 8, 2008 at 8:56 AM
Kimber Li said...

A girl has got to have a plan!

October 9, 2008 at 5:33 AM
Tia Nevitt said...

I guess the daddy boyfriend didn't work out? She's at just about the right age to have a childhood boyfriend. All my sisters and I had one somewhere between 4 and 6.

October 10, 2008 at 4:21 AM

Post a Comment