Feeling Bleh?


Today is a health related post. I've talked in the past about having a gluten intolerance (which is much better now, thank you!) And every once in a while I like to touch on it again.

So, today is my public service announcement. If you feel tired a lot, catch colds easily, get headaches, deal with PMS or mood swings or just feel BLEH... you don't have to!! It may take drastic diet changes at first, a few supplements, some exercise, but it's just remarkable how the body can heal itself. I'm making an effort to get back on the wagon so to speak. I'm still feeling much better than I used to, but when I was spot on with my diet, I'd wake up feeling as energetic and ready to go as my babies. And I need that energy. ;)

I'm including a quiz for you to see if you are inflamed. That is the secret villain, inflammation. My health guru of choice is Mark Hyman (he wrote Ultrametabolism and subsequent books). I love him because his stuff works and because he gives all the info away for free on his web site, so I'm linking there for you to score your quiz if you so choose.

So tell me... are you inflamed?!

How Inflamed are You?

1) Do you have seasonal or environmental allergies?
2) Do you have food allergies or do you feel poorly after eating (sluggishness, headaches congestion, confusion)?
3) Do you work in an environment with poor lighting, chemicals, and poor ventilation?
4) Are you exposed to pesticides, toxic chemicals, loud noise, heavy metals, and toxic bosses and co-workers?
5) Do you get frequent colds and infections?
6) Do you have a history of chronic infections such as hepatitis, skin infections, canker sores, and cold sores?
7) Do you have sinusitis and allergies?
8) Do you have bronchitis or asthma?
9) Do you have dermatitis (eczema, acne, rashes)?
10) Do you suffer from arthritis (osteoarthritis/degenerative wear and tear)?
11) Do you have an autoimmune disease (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus)?
12) Do you have colitis or inflammatory bowel disease?
13) Do you have irritable Bowel Syndrome (spastic colon)?
14) Do you have problems such as ADHD, Autism, mood and behavior problems (actually part of a family of problems called neuritis)?
15) Do you have heart disease or have you had a heart attack?
16) Do you have diabetes or are you overweight (BMI greater than 25)?
17) Do you have Parkinson’s or have a family history of Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s disease?
18) Do you have a significant amount of stress in your life?
19) Do you drink more than 3 glasses of alcohol a week?
20) Do you exercise less than 30 minutes 3 times a week?

Score your quiz!

0 comments:

Post a Comment