Steampunk Fabulosity

I thought I'd share some of my favorite sites for steampunk research, in honor of Steam-Con, which is coming right up!

First up: The Steampunk Home, which has such fabulous images as these:



Talk about inspiring. This is artwork done by Tom Kidd, who has a whole steampunk world called Genomo on his web site.

Next up, Adventures in Steampunk This blog is written from the POV of an airship captain, and links to lots of fun steampunk images, like this:

The photo is by Tristan Savatier and is taken during the burning man festival, which sounds either cool or creepy, I can't really tell, yet.

And finally, for those of you with burning questions of a steampunk nature, we have Brass Goggles - steampunk forum.

Clearly, when I'm not editing, I'm trying to work in a little research. I'm experimenting with Evernote to keep all of my web site clippings in a neat little virtual notebook, and will let you know how that goes.

Now, off to edit until the Red one comes downstairs for rummy night!

2 comments:

Jason D Barr said...

Love, love, LOVE Evernote. I have it on every computer I use (work, all three at home, and on my phone, as well). Great for grabbing inspiration and saving it for a rainy day.

October 19, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Anissa said...

I'll have to check out Evernote. Sounds cool!

October 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Post a Comment