I am up way too late


But while I'm up - just a note that my kids have been making me play Brad Paisley's "Penguin, James Penguin" over and over and over again. Someone really needs to turn it into a claymation special, because it's fabulous. It's about how Santa keeps tabs on all the kids with his secret agent penguin.

But, there's this line, "He's got satellite uplinks in his cufflinks, he knows everything you do."

And Red asks, "What are cufflinks?"

And so I explain... then ask, "But you're fine with 'satelite uplinks?'"

She says, "Yeah, I assume that has to do with the GPS."

So, that's what we've got folks, a generation for whom cufflinks are more foreign than satellites.

5 comments:

Kimber Li said...

Oh, dear, should I try to avoid my children ever learning about that game. They already love penguins.

December 13, 2009 at 5:47 AM
Melissa Amateis said...

Whoa. That's one smart kiddo you got there!

December 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Robin Lemke said...

Kimber - it's a song on Brad Paisley's Christmas album. And I think you'd probably love the album. ;) It's just when you've hit repeat for the 500th time, things start to wear!

Thanks Melissa - the kids are all very techie. ;)

December 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Leona said...

If I'd known you were up and blogging then, I would have read it sooner. I was up past 4 am with my child who has decided to reverse his night and day. I'm exhausted and I have to get ready for work now:( been up since 730:( and I'm exhausted)

Your kids are fantastic. I love the games. The penguins are santas spies is hilarious.

December 13, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Kathleen said...

hilarious. and also, Freaking. Me. Out.

December 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Post a Comment