The inmates seem to be running the asylum today, so I'm just going to dash this off before I take them out for their daily airing.
1) It's R&B week for American Idol next week. I'm gonna go ahead and admit that I am not a fan of R&B - not even a little bit. I suppose I do like Aretha Franklin and the Isley Brothers who are on the official list, but I'd have called them something else. Maybe I just don't like modern R&B, but I'm anticipating lots of overwrought vocals on songs way too big for the people singing them.
Is it too much to hope for that someone sings This Old Heart of Mine? Please?
Here's the list of approved songs if you feel like making a pool for who'll pick what... not that I know anyone who might do something like that...
2) I'm officially 1/4th of the way through my first draft - even a little over. Yay.
3) It's raining. But this is Seattle, so that's not really news.
4) Boop just asked for breakfast. This will be her third breakfast. Although I suppose by now I could call it lunch.
5) If you don't hear from me again, the little people have tied me up and thrown me in the closet. If it were going to happen, this is the day for it.
The Vegetarian by Han Kang
11 hours ago