Birthdays and kitty cats


I woke up the other day, with two little mysteries in bed with me. The 3 year old opened her eyes and the first words she spoke were, "Well, sometimes these things happen."

"What things, honey?" I asked.

"Sometimes your bwother lays on you like you are a kitty."

I looked over, and the little mystery man was wide awake, but sprawled out on top of her in "throwing star" formation. He does that with his kitty all the time. I have supplied a visual.

It's Happy First Birthday time for the Mystery Man today. It feels like just yesterday that I was insisting to the triage nurse that yes, I was actually in labor, and no, I didn't want the sleeping pill and checking into a Holiday Inn to wait until they'd believe I was having a baby on the day after Christmas. And now, here I am, one year later. Christmas will never be the same!

Happy Birthday, Mystery Man!

1 comments:

Holly Kennedy said...

Adorable photo. Enjoy them while they're that little. Time flies much too fast and soon they'll be wanting.... iPods and car keys.

Happy holidays!

December 27, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Post a Comment