A few random things

1) I finally saw I Am Legend with Will Smith. I'm not a vampire/zombie/ewwie creatures that go bump in the night kind of person, but everyone else was watching it and I was feeling social. It was fantastic. And now I get what everyone's saying about surviving a zombie apocalypse. I am woefully unprepared, internet quizzes not withstanding. I need supplies. I need Max Brook's book.
I need a lot of flashlights and preferably a flame thrower. And a German Shepherd. Definately a shepherd. There has been talk in this house of a Shih Tzu, but I think they couldn't do squat against a horde of the undead.
2) All of the Christmas packages waiting for us in the bowels of the UPS finally showed up! The track packages link kept saying something about a natural disaster and I did my part to stimulate the economy by doubling up on presents for some, but now they are here! My DH can tell time again! I have the Top Chef cookbook! Mystery Man has fuzzy Robeez boots! My little girl's prayer for "More Christmas" was answered!

3) Speaking of the Top Chef cookbook, I love it. All I really need to say is that it has Marcel's rap. Marcel, from my favorite season, who showed the greatest character arc of anyone on tv scripted or unscripted that year. I love my cookbook. Now I can make microwave popcorn pancakes. You're all invited.

4)I also got Tom Colicchio's cookbook, Think Like a Chef for Christmas. I love Tom Coliicchio, and his cookbook is amazing - not so much for the recipes as for the whole approach to cooking. I recommend it to anyone who hates making lists of recipes and ingredients and shopping lists and meal plans. Bleh. I like to cook what occurs to me from the ingredients I have on hand and SO DOES TOM! I love Tom.

That's it around here for the night. Mystery Robin signing out... and looking for a wooden stake and a machete to go to bed with...

2 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

Will Smith seems to have the golden touch these days. I just saw Hancock, and it was great.

December 30, 2008 at 6:38 AM
Melissa Amateis said...

I Am Legend sort of freaked me out, but I'm not into those types of movies. It was good, but I bawled in certain parts (with his dog) and so I doubt I'll ever watch it again. :-)

December 30, 2008 at 7:37 AM

Post a Comment