Bent Objects and Framed Stories


I have a new widget - check out my Bent Objects widget, and you can go visit the blog, too, if you like. It makes me laugh, and I thought I'd share the fun with you all. This is one that an agent, Sorche Fairbanks, came across and now there's a book coming out! I love stories like that. I also notice that agents are now sort of like celebrity names to me, or maybe at least sports figures. I know many, many of them. I can tell you what they rep, who they work for, and who they represent. If there were such a thing as Agent Jeopardy, I'd win it all! I'm not sure if that is a good, or pathetic fact.

So, right now, I'm working on writing Lamplight (stalled slightly by the whole power cord debacle, but Asus assures me a new one is on it's way right now). I've discovered that my process is to be writing one book while planning the next. If I don't do that, the ideas bump around in my brain and make me want to rush the book I'm writing to get to the next one, but there's always a next one! So, each project has it's own mini-molskine cahier while I'm working on it. The one after Lamplight is a historical fiction book set in 1905 Seattle.

Here's my dilemma, blog buds... do I do a straight historical fiction? Or write it with a modern frame. My favorite kind of book has a modern frame, but it feels artificial every time I try to stick one on this story. Plus, there are a series of linked standalone books I'd like to write, that begin with this one. Do I have a modern frame that continues as well? Do you think historical fiction sells as well as the combo storyline? Throw your thoughts at me - all you writers and readers!!

And enjoy a chuckle over there on my sidebar. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment