Sad Mama

**
My day started at 5 something with Miss Boop having such a horrible nightmare that I had to physically restrain her from rushing out of the house for a good hour... till the terror made her throw up and she finally calmed down and fell asleep... for about 15 minutes till we all got up for school.

I've babysat kids with night terrors and truly never seen a kid that scared. I think she's ok now. We talked about the dream and what she thought would happen and I think she believes me that we do not have a self destruct button in the house, but really, she was on a mission to get herself and me (if she could) out the front door.

It ended with The Mystery Man colliding with a dresser while I was sauteeing the chicken for dinner. It was a terror of a bloody nose. My heart broke with every single drop. He was miserable. And we'd left his blankey (which is a manly shade of brown edged in satin) at church on Sunday. Thankfully, my mom had brought an identical replacement minutes before it happened.

And of course, DH is out of town. Of course he is.

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow, blog buds.

** The pic is a book cover that translated reads "Mama bird feels sad, too." It seemed appropriate for a Mama Robin.

1 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Oh, poor little dears! Wow, that sounds like some dream she had. Glad she is better. Remember to take time for yourself, too!

March 10, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Post a Comment