Boop on Old Folks

Boop is very nervous whenever she hears a siren. She's afraid someone called the fire department to tell them our house is on fire and she just doesn't know it yet. So I started pointing out that sometimes it's a police siren, and sometimes an ambulance. We live near a couple of retirement homes, so ambulances cruise by a lot. And I have to tell her, it's not coming for you (she fears perhaps she's sick and doesn't know it), it's probably going to the Old Folks' Home.

Which gives Boop something new to worry about - how the Old Folks are doing. So the other day she told me,

"I think about the Old Folks a lot. More than you think. Like all the time. Just because I can't talk about Old Folks doesn't mean I'm not thinking about them. I mean, it would be rude to say, 'Hey, you, you're gonna die soon,' which is what you mean when you say someone's an old folk. But they're always in my head and I pray for them. I pray that they will have a long, long life."

We might just need to move somewhere with fewer sirens...

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

That is just precious. :-)

September 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Cheri said...

Oh Greta....how I love you!!!

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Post a Comment