Milk Woes


I got the milk order form today and was suddenly really happy I only had one kid in school over lunch time. You know, milk really adds up over the course of a school year. So, I'm asking my 4th grader if she wants white or chocolate when Boop pipes up that she'd like chocolate.

Me: Honey, you don't get milk at school because you don't stay for lunch, but I'd be happy to give you chocolate milk at home.

*long pause while Boop processes this unfortunate scenario*

Boop: I really want you to kick me up to Kindergarten.
Me: I'm not kicking you up to Kindergarten so you can have milk at school.
Boop: No, really, I want the challenge.

Other than the horribly unfair milk situation, school is off to a great start. Red, the 4th grader, is studying the middle ages so she has a suit of armor in her classroom named Bob that gives the instructions for the day by way of the white board. And Boop had a fire drill today. She's very concerned about fire safety, so this was huge for her.

3 comments:

Jennie Bailey said...

If Boop can ask to be bumped up for the challenge, it sounds to me like she's ready. ;-) I love your kid stories. All I have are dog and cat stories. Those aren't nearly as amusing because they don't talk. We talk to them a lot, but they don't answer back (luckily).

I'm feeling it very unfair that I never got to study the middle ages with a suit of armor in our classroom. Although, my 4th grade teacher was really into Native American legends so we studied those. She was Polish and Irish but obsessed with Native Americans. Oh, and she told great "REAL" ghost stories about her dead relatives. She also smelled like Ben Gay and alcohol. I didn't care. I was teacher's pet and got straight As that year.

September 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Robin Lemke said...

She does have quite the vocabulary - I think it's because we read her lots of Calvin and Hobbes, her favorite reading material. ;) But I just don't want her to be an entire year younger than everyone else. Curses on September birthdays!
Your fourth grade sounds pretty amazing. I certainly didn't have a suit of armor in my room either. I also didn't have Monk Day. Just wait for that post!

September 16, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Cinette said...

It's amusing how such mundane things can produce entertainment for adults; I have 4 kids, and sometimes it's so hard not to laugh at them, especially when they want to be taken seriously:0)

September 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Post a Comment