Betrayed

And by such a close friend, no less. It seems, that in these final two months of pregnancy, my one joy, my saving grace, my coffee, has turned it's back on me. Yes, that's right. For the first time in my life I find that I can no longer drink coffee.

I drank it through horrible, intense morning sickness. It was the first thing I ordered after delivering my babies. I drink it hot on chily fall days and iced on warm summer days. But now, it seems that even half a cup makes my heart race so horribly that even I must admit defeat. Must turn to another beverage.

And so, reluctantly, I lift a glass of tea in cheers on this bleak day....

1 comments:

Blaze said...

Oh Robin! How dreadful! I too, have experienced a heart-racing feeling/no sleep with coffee. How can this be when only last year I could drink it at 9pm and then sleep soundly?? :( Oh Starbucks! Dear friend, why?

At least tea is a great drink that brings it's own delightful coziness! Oh! And I went to that tea shop yesterday, and got a whole medium pot for $3.25!! They serve it to you on a tray with sugar cubes, cream, a spoon, and even a timer (to know when to take the leaves out!). And you get a beautiful teacup to sip your tea out of! I stayed their for about an hour reading and sipping. It was lovely! (You should definitely try it! :))

November 6, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Post a Comment