Editing Update and other business

I've got a goal of five chapters per day - that will take me exactly a week to do. (Hmm, was I so smart while writing it that I purposely decided on 35 chapters in order to make my editing week go so smoothly?! Probably not...)

So, I'll be updating my progress daily. Yesterday I did SIX chapters! WOOO!!!

Today I'm currently at zero, but DH is on the road, and Little Miss Trouble didn't nap (so should sleep at a decent time) and I'm confident I'll knock them out tonight. This is all very exciting!!!

I have two more orders of business for the blog world:

1) My six year old is in a 100 day reading challenge for school: read 100 books in 100 days. Longer books count as more than one. I'm to the point where I'm randomly grabbing things off the library shelf. Any ideas? So far, her favorites have been: The Babysitters Club Mysteries, Goosebumps, Nate the Great, Geronimo Stilton, and Nancy Drew. I'd like to steer her away from only reading series, though. I picked up Neil Gaiman's Coraline (big hit!) and she loves it. She's also managed the first two Harry Potter's, but the third was a little scary for her still.

Anything kinda spooky, but not too spooky, or about Egypt would be a huge hit. She's got 60 books to go, folks!

2) So, you all know I'm now a country music fan... one of my new favorite songs is the Garth Brooks song, More than a Memory. BUT, it's so nearly identical to a Bon Jovi song I used to listen to, that sometimes I even mix the words up if I'm singing along (I know, by now, you all think I'm sooo cool that you're dying to be me - Bon Jovi, country, and singing with the radio, but I digress).

All my Bon Jovi cd's (see, I keep getting cooler, I have a collection) are in storage and I can't figure out what the song is and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! I think it's off the These Days cd, but it could be from Keep the Faith or Crossroads. If anyone comes up with it, I'll send you a prize, I promise. Maybe a book. Maybe chocolate. You tell me. But I must figure this out!!

5 comments:

Anissa said...

I hadn't heard the Garth song, so I went and found it online. It does remind me of Bon Jovi. Tried to figure it out based on clips (too lazy to hunt out my own Bon Jovi CDs). Maybe This Ain't A Love Song.

Yay for your editing progress. Go, go, go!

October 21, 2007 at 9:35 PM
Kathleen said...

Has Kira read The Little Prince? What about the Amelia Bedelia series? If she is reading Harry potter and Babysitter's CLub, maybe Amelia is too basic for her.
Has she read any Artemis Fowl?

BTW, the Seattle Library website has great links and suggestions: here is one example.

good luck with editing!!

October 22, 2007 at 10:52 AM
Melissa Amateis said...

What about Ramona Quimby? It's not spooky or anything, but I really loved those books when I was a kid.

And Nancy Drew is a MUST. :-)

Great job on the editing front!

October 22, 2007 at 11:03 AM
Anissa said...

How about Narnia? They are still all-time favorites of mine. Tuck Everlasting as well.

October 22, 2007 at 4:21 PM
Kimber Li said...

Five chapters a day? Way to go!

October 22, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Post a Comment