Lamplight progress



I just passed the two thirds mark. YAY!!! I've got about 23K words left to go for the first draft - and my goal is a humble 500 words per day (which is about all I can manage with the rest of my life right now). So I should wrap this puppy up *pulling up the laptop's calculator* in a month and a half. Let's say by the end of September, which allows for all my kids to get the flu and give it to me, Mystery Man to miss his nap and stay up till midnight, and me to start Season Six of So You Think You Can Dance (Go Ryan!) and still make my deadline.

Then, the goal is to edit over the fall and be ready to submit in January. I love, love, love editing, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Just wanted to give you an update and let you know I'm still plugging away, slow though it goes. My mind is being bombarded with new novel ideas that I can't shake. It's like my imagination is ready to move on, so I'm very motivated to finish and see if I can flesh out some of these new story ideas.

Hold me accountable, blog buddies!! No slacking for me!

1 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

*cracking the whip*

Congrats on the progress - now keep going!

August 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Post a Comment