Halfway, Baby!

Yes, I did it! I'm halfway through Lamplight. WOO HOO!!! Tomorrow I may post the hook for you all, and maybe an excerpt, in celebration. It only took me a year and a half. I know, pathetic, but I did have a child in the middle there, and that comes with one or two things to do. I'm hoping the second half flies by.

Now, a few things I need to cover:

1) Ally Carter has been on a book tour and I got my copy of Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover signed by her tonight. I promise I let all the 12 year olds go first! I've been reading her blog for the last 3 years or so - she was one of the first writer blogs I started reading - I found her through Kristen Nelson (and I know for certain that Kristen's is the second pub blog I ever read, right after the inimitable Miss Snark). Ally's fabulous, and I love my book!

2)Crash Test Dummies - really Wade Robson? After you gave us the fox number - and I don't mean fox trot, people, I mean foxes nuzzling each other - now we have crash test dummies. Can we please see all Bollywood and preferably all Evan K doing the dancing. Thank you. Ok, a Broadway number and the occasional quickstep is fine too, so long as Evan dances all of it.

3)Mystery Man loves So You Think You Can Dance. I think he's got a crush on Cat. He certainly loves a lanky blonde. He claps, he points at the screen, he points at the Tivo remote when I pause it because Betty Boop found a spider on her pillow, as if to say 'turn it back on, already, she'll live!' I asked DH and he said he'll totally support him if he plans a career in dance. I wonder how he feels about Hula?

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Awesome job! Congrats! Now here's hoping the baby will let you finisht the second half! ;-)

June 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM
Kathleen said...

congrats! I don't know how you do it!!

June 11, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Post a Comment