Let's do a recap, shall we?



Do I really need to say that Evan and Randi danced a fabulous jive? And how fun is the jive, anyway? They were spectacular. I think I voted enough times singlehandedly to get them through this week, but I will admit to Thursdays making me a little nervous.

Also, as part of my research for the next book I saw my very first Fred Astaire movie last night. This seems a little crazy, for as much as I love old movies, to have never seen Fred Astaire. My philosophy was always that in a world where Cary Grant movies exist, why would I watch something else?

I can say now I think the best thing about Fred Astaire was Ginger Rogers. And Ginger's wardrobe. I really, really don't get him. BUT, I saw Gene Kelly and Judy Garland this afternoon (the Mystery Man was less than thrilled - he kept grabbing the Tivo and trying to get Cat Deely on the screen - he prefers blondes) and I can say that I adore Gene Kelly. So, we're gonna make the research less painful and pull up Singin' in the Rain next. Mystery Man will just have to learn to love Debbie Reynolds.

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I love Gene Kelly and I love "Singin' in the Rain!"

June 18, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Rupert said...

Although I don't dislike Astaire, I prefer him with Ginger ;)
I also prefer Gene Kelly, especially EARLY Kelly, ie: COVER GIRL, ME AND MY GAL, etc.
Great blog.

Rupert

June 19, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Post a Comment